About Me: Life Coach Christina Smith
A-ha addict seeking people who want to be set free from the day-to-day surviving to live their dream lives by inviting shift to thriving health, happiness and connections.
Health. Happiness. Connection. We all want it but we can get stuck and even disheartened that it will happen. That's where I come in. I went from illness and depression of surviving the everyday to whole-hearted freedom and thriving health, happiness and connection. I made a lot of mistakes and I took a lot of hard roads, but now I've found the simplest ways to regain health, happiness, and true connection, not to mention a life that makes me want to wake up - even on a Monday morning!
The thing is, truthfully, I'm not a health nut and I have a love-hate relationship with personal growth work. I really like sweets (mostly chocolate) and I love my vodka in moderation. What I have learned is to make small changes by finding the tools that can help us make changes that feel good to us. If new habits feel good, we are more likely to keep them. I focus on how we can make the things that serve us better, the more attractive, luscious choice. Life shouldn't be about sacrifice, it should be about enjoyment and fulfillment. After all, we don't invite shift to end up miserable.
Health is about energy for all the things you want to do. It's about a healthy mind that seeks curiosity and excitement. It's about working and succeeding on big goals and dreams. It's possible. I've seen it in my clients. I want that for you too.
Happiness seemed ever-elusive to me too. With the right tools you may find a rich joy in life. Rich joy is what I consider happiness. That rich joy can be with you even when you don't feel like laughing your head off or really feel 'happy'. Happiness isn't a 'fake it to you make it' process either. If you are tired of that inauthentic crap and need some true inspiration in your life, let's talk.
Success is however success really looks to you. If you are feeling overwhelmed with life or that just can't get it all done - that is not success, even if you actually check off the list every day. In my opinion, success is reaching your goals while staying present to the life around you. In the past, I was successful but at the cost of connecting with friends and family - which to me was not success. There is a harmony to moving forward and also living where we are.
Last but certainly not least, Connection. As humans, even introverted humans, we still need connection with others. We may vary in how much connection, but it's not fun to get to your dreams and then have no one to celebrate with. Remember that our support and connection is essential to our well-being just like water, food, and shelter.
So whether the challenge is our bodies, our mindset or getting stuck, I want to help. Contact me direct.
Some of Christina's Certifications
Health Coach, Institute of Integrative Nutrition
Desire Map Facilitator, Danielle LaPorte
Professional Life Coach, Transformation Academy
Relationship Workshop Facilitation, Transformation Academy
Group Coaching Facilitator, Transformation Academy
More about Me:
I am wildly crazy about feeling authentic joy. But it wasn't always this way.
I was raised to be a Warrior. I am a goal-setter. I am practical and a persistent force until I meet my goals. These qualities are all great until they are taken to an extreme, which was me. I created a lot of stress and drama in my life by setting unrealistic goals and constantly being on 'mission' status. That - and - I had the wrong goals and priorities for a long, long time.
It took many years (and hospital stays) to get myself healthy and recovered from my warrior driven days. I learned to tell my inner warrior to step down so I could spend time healing and caring for myself. I began to spend more time enjoying life and stopping to smell the roses. And my world didn't cave in or get struck by lightning.
In fact, what I learned is that when I took time for me, I actually performed better, enjoyed life more and became more of the mother, wife, friend, daughter, owner and coach I wanted to be.
That's what I want for you. I know it can be challenging to shift perspective, habits or get past challenging periods of our lives. I'm here for accountability, coaching and guidance.
Here's some fun facts you might be interested in (or not - but you get them anyway).
- I have a B.A. degree in Political Science which is why I try not to talk politics, but have fierce opinions if you really want to open that can of worms.
- I am a coach because I was sick. I went to the Institute of Integrative Nutrition to resolve the gut issues I experienced and was so impressed with my own results and members of my family, I chose to be a coach as well.
- I support Woman Within International. Womanwithin.org is a phenomenal nonprofit organization with one purpose in mind: empower women. Check it out or feel free to ask me questions about it.
- I have an awesome husband who is my rock and has led me to learn what true trust is all about.
- I have a 16 year old son. So weird to even write that. Weirder that he is now taller than me.
- I'm one of the few people I know who have an average sized house that wants to downsize to a one room mini-home.
- But I want a BIG garden - like feed my family and friends all year round kind of garden.
- My life was forever shifted by Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose". "The truth does not need to be defended."
- I love my dog. I know people say that and before I had one, I thought I understood, but I mean I really love my dog. (Possibly more than some of my family.)
- I let animals eat out of my garden. Because they need to eat too.
- My favorite comforts: Lasagne, Flashdance, dancing with the dog at home, wearing dangly earrings, late nights, sleeping in, nature, hot tea
Have questions for me? Feel free to contact me direct and ask.
What clients say:
Christina was great. She was very clear in her delivery of materials, kind and loving in her guidance, and also very open in her willingness to share. I really appreciate her positive and honest approach. I feel really grounded when listening to her. Thank you, Christina!
I feel very comfortable sharing with Christina because she has made it clear that she has gone through her own issues and done a lot of work to be in a better place now. So I see that she understands and is someone I can learn from in a very genuine way. She has done the work herself so that now she can take me through the process with compassion and empathy.